PIER Graduate Week for PhD students
Wann: Mo, 16.10.2023, 09:00 Uhr bis Mo, 23.10.2023, 17:30 Uhr
Wo: Center for Free-Electron Laser Science, Luruper Chaussee 149 , 22761 Hamburg , SR I-V
This is to announce the 8th PIER Graduate Week, which takes place from 16 – 23 October 2023 in the Center for Free-Electron Laser Science, Campus Bahrenfeld. The lectures focus on two overarching thematic blocs:
- Lecture series 1. Physics & AI: Foundations and Applications of Machine Learning in Fundamental Physics Research
- Lecture series 2. The Physics of the Life Sciences: Contributions of Fundamental Physics to Modern Biology and Medicine
- Scientific colloquium on "Artificial intelligence in neurointensive medical care"
- Industry talk on "Flight physics at AIRBUS" with DESY alumnae Dr. Jasone Garay Garcia
- Workshops on presentation skills and academic competition, making acting methods usable for everyday work contexts
- Career planning and career counselling sessions
- Poster session: All PhD students are invited to present their research projects in a poster session.
The registration is open from today until 15 September: https://graduateschool.pier-hamburg.de/news/news/pier_graduate_week/index_eng.html
The PIER Graduate Week is an interdisciplinary lecture and workshop week for young scientists in the wide range of the PIER research fields of Particle & Astroparticle Physics, Nanoscience, Photon Science and Infection & Structural Biology.